Monday, July 19, 2010

Who do you write like? Submit your writing sample.

Violins and Starships points to a website that will take your text, perform some machinations on it and determine which author your writing is the most like. I tried some samples and the author it suggests does seem to depend on which text I use. Most of the comments I read seem to be people who have posted work from their short stories, novels and space operas that they are writing. Unfortunately all my writing is here so the blog is what gets analyzed.

This post on my chances of winning playoff fantasy football and my first post ever, as well as others from that month, and a lot of other posts, yield Cory Doctorow as the author that my writing most resembles.

I write like
Cory Doctorow

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


These mundane posts on how to drill glass tile and where to recycle styrofoam packaging yield

I write like
H. P. Lovecraft

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


This blue hen round up post as well as this one yield

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


So I am mostly like Cory Doctorow with disturbing input from Chuck Palahniuk and H.P. Lovecraft. The input from David Foster Wallace is not so scary.

(via Violins and Starships, via twitter, via Byzantium's Shores)

No comments: