Monday, September 24, 2007

Yet another regional dialect quiz

Fark pointed to a poorly researched article about how the southern dialect is spreading. Comments then centered around value judgements made based on someone's accent. The discussion went downhill from there.

Regardless, I still have a Philadelphia accent. Which I have decided I am proud of, since many of the questions were centered around whether I pronounced pairs or even triples of words differently. I guess the dialects in the rest of the United States are making do with fewer vowel sounds or phonemes.

What American accent do you have? (Best version so far)

Mid Atlantic

Also known as a "Philadelphia accent" but also heard in south Jersey, Baltimore, and thereabouts.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.


More information and data on dialects and tests can be found at this earlier post, I was a Philadelphian in this quiz as well.

No comments: