Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Can't have too many regional dialect quizzes, can you?

Guess where I am from? My only hint: the results of the regional dialect quiz below.
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

I know that I have discusssed regional dialects before somewhere.

tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't got a yankie accent

Anonymous said...

If it's any help, I tried the quiz, despite never having been further West than Land's End. I turned out as a Philadelphian too! Maybe it's not 100% reliable - or perhaps I talk as you do!

Anonymous said...

My accent was judged as "Philadelphian as a cheesesteak."