Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Honest Hypocrite as negative space between buildings

In an effort to bring you The Honest Hypocrite in as many typefaces as possible, I bring you negative space.

Lisa Reinermann of the University of Duisberg-Essen has taken pictures of the sky between buildings to generate every letter of the alphabet with the open sky as the letter defined by the buildings around it. Thus the letter is not something, but the absence of something. She was inspired when she looked up and saw the letter "Q" in Barcelona.

I couldn't wait for someone to make a program that takes each letter and allows you to type out a message using this new "font" so I did it the hard way with Microsoft Paint.

Previous fonts for The Honest Hypocrite: Old Timey Graffiti, my back tatoo, as actual buildings, alphabet agates, in lights, on a T-shirt (I really should sell these), Googlized, and with zombies.

(via BoingBoing)

No comments: