Thursday, April 01, 2010

Beautiful Bracketology

Leonardo Aranda's Bracketology - NCAA 1985 - 2009 is a beautiful rendition of the results of the NCAA March Madness men's basketball tournament for the 25+ years of the 64 team format.



I myself have compiled compiled these statistics over the years (2009, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2007, 2006, 2006) in an attempt to win the NCAA March madness bracket pools in which I have participated and just for the fun of studying the statistics. But I am green with envy as well as another appropriate color with admiration when someone takes data that I have kicked around for years and makes a striking visualization from it.

Again I am Salieri* to some Mozart. I recognize genius and beauty, but I can only produce mediocrity. (*the Amadeus movie version of this story, not the real one)

(via Castro's Favorite Color)

No comments: