Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Greatest Looney Tunes of all times

Cartoon Brew wants your help to pick the 100 greatest Looney Tunes cartoons of all times. Animation historian Jerry Beck is writing a book collecting the 100 best Looney Tunes cartoons and is asking for comments and opinions about what you think the greatest are.

I am partial to the Gremlins one from World war II where Bugs Bunny deals with a gremlin on an airplane. I also liked the Porky in Wackyland cartoon where Porky hunts for the last of the dodoes (I am sure in my youth I saw the colored remake Dough for the Do-Do). There are so many favorites from my youth. Remember Bugs against the opera singer where he plays the tuba for a short bit during the cartoon? Remember the "shoot him now" duck hunting season with Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck?

There is a full list of every title available here. I don't know a tenth of them, and I certainly don't know them by titles. Many classic cartoons from the 30's and 40's can be found at the Internet Archive. Watching all of them and forming an opinion is probably a task for an crazy fan from the internet.

No comments: