Monday, September 26, 2005

Verizon gets free advertising on me! No deal!

When I blog from my mobile phone (a Treo 600) I can send a picture and some text and quickly comment on some event for my readers. I love this property of my phone, it is probably more important than being able to make phone calls.

For the first time ever I got a message with the post that says

"This message was sent using PIX-FLIX Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!
etc. etc. "

It is very long and I don't care to repeat it. It is aggravating because it really disrupted the post and has never appeared before. I am already paying for the service and I pay for each message so why do I have to advertise for Verizon at the same time! I have just been told that this is a system wide message and cannot be removed on individual accounts, so now I don't know what I will do to blog from my phone. More news to follow on this later. This person had the same issue with "Pay Verizon for the priviledge of advertising Verizon!" way back in March. It doesn't appear that he got an answer either.

Why do I always have the feeling that any company I am purchasing a service from is still screwing me in the end!

No comments: