Thursday, June 16, 2005

Not as portable as a Treo

This is not a picture of a Treo, but it was taken with one. You could write a mobile blog with this ancient adding machine. It would only be numbers, but the slip of paper could easily be rolled up as a message in a bottle. That's mobile blogging, isn't it?

One of the coolest things about this cold distopian future we live in, despite the lack of flying cars, are these great do-it-all devices we have as our mobile phones. I am writing this with my Treo 600, which I know is so last year, but I cannot help that it was 6 months obsolete 2 seconds after I got it. I use this thing for everything. Lately I have two favorite features. With its web access I can use a program called p-tunes to listen to shoutcast streams. Internet radio anywhere, no computer needed. How cool is that? I have also ripped DVD's down to .avi format to fit the little Treo screen and I have movies on the go. I love it. For those sticklers out there - yes I can make phone calls with the Treo, but I think you are missing the point.

No comments: