Monday, June 29, 2015

Inside Out was a great movie

We saw Inside Out on Saturday.  I think we had the same thought as many, to go see a movie on a rainy day.  The 12:30 and 1:30 showings at Brandwine Town Center Regal were sold out when we got there! We went to the Penn Cinema Riverfront in Wilmington at 1pm. I guess that bodes well for the Inside Out that it is so popular on week 2, though I also wonder if rainy days are good for summer blockbusters.

The movie was even better than I would have thought from the millions of trailers and promos on Disney channel.  The idea of seeing inside someone's head to see the thought process and the interplay of emotions is a clever one, and I think the movie used it too good effect.  As others have said, having a common language to talk about emotions and what motivates us helps in conversations with 6 year olds (and 46 year olds), and also provides some good comedic fodder.

As with every Pixar movie, there was enough loss and poignancy to make even the most hard-hearted person break into tears in a public movie theater,  Even when you could see it coming the loss still got you.  As for me, I had one takeaway (spoilers).


Remember Bing Bong...

No comments: