Monday, June 02, 2014

Dead vole or mole evidence?


This dead vole or mole in my lawn provides pretty conclusive evidence that they late making the tunnels in my front yard.

I often see them scurry away when we walk out there and this us the first dead one I have seen. I did not kill it, and it got a water burial in the creek after documentation.

I suspect that these may be moles because of the mole-like face and mole-like front claws, though it is still hard to tell.  Voles look more like mice.  Comments?


2 comments:

Signsofautumn said...

It’s a mole. I had one have her little ones in my garage last summer! Then she hibernated in my garage and would wake to come out and steal some crumbs of cat food around the bag. Voles are cuter in my opinion.🐾

Signsofautumn said...

Mole! Voles are cuter in my opinion. I had. Mole have her little ones in my garage last summer. Then she hibernated in my garage last winter. She would occasionally come out for a cat food snack left by dropped cat food on garage floor.