Monday, June 19, 2006

Starting your own religion first requires a good sign.

To establish my bona fides I first needed to get a guest spot preaching at a local church. I think that recipes for summer barbecues using a little hellfire will really draw the crowds.

When they ask for my credentials I could show them my ordination (don't really have one) from the Universal Life Church (free online ordinations!). Now what to call my new religion? The Branch Richardians, the Richardborgians, Church of the What have you done for Richard lately?

I finally settled on the Richard Science Fiction Reading Room, because it is something I really believe in. I have a plaque for the sanctum sanctorum (holy of holies), the library, and one worshipper. And now a church sign.

(via the Church Sign generator via Neatorama)

tags: , ,

No comments: