Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Shuttle Mission Watch 4

Today, astronauts repaired material sticking out between loose tiles on the Shuttle's belly. This was an interesting spacewalk because no one has ever worked on the underside of the Shuttle in space. The image comes from NASA TV. Each step of this mission has provided great examples of the increased capability of Space Shuttle crews to meet the difficulties of the Shuttle design and address the problems of ensuring a safe reentry.

I personally can't imagine flying into space and being in free fall. I don't think I would like free fall and weightlessness much.

I will be most comfortable after a successful landing and I continue the mission watch. Do you understand why we must teach science and not superstition in schools, otherwise we won't have the tools to explore the universe.

No comments: