Friday, August 21, 2009

Creationist Museum Display at the Upper Peninsula State Fair in Escanaba

A local Escanaba Baptist church had this nice display of artifacts that seek to prove the Creationist theory of life on Earth. The display had replicas of artifacts purportedly showing footprints of humans next to dinosaur tracks and ancient human art showing that humans and dinosaurs lived together. I haven't ever seen a real life display like this one before.



A closeup of the footprints:


I took a picture and then I noticed I could get a peice of chocolate if I got 8 out of 10 bible questions right. I aced it and got my chocolate. I think they were recruiting and were unprepared for my "try to win a prize for knowing trivia" attitude. When it comes to winning chocolate bible facts are as good as any other for me.

Just for the record I think that the Young Earth Creationism depicted here is bunk. But the people seemed nice, if misinformed.

No comments: